Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 4 HRS
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS 15 MINS
- 1 (15-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup Red Rooster® Hot Sauce
- 1 package Southeastern Mills® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 taco salad shells
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 - 3 cups “Louisiana” Brand Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
- Add the enchilada sauce, Hot Sauce, and Seasoning Mix to the bowl of a large slow cooker, stir to combine. Add the chicken breast and cover with the lid. Cook the chicken on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and using 2 forks, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the pinto beans equally and place in the bottom of the taco shells. Top each shell with 1-cup lettuce, a heaping spoonful of shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream and Jalapeño Peppers or any other preferred salad toppings.
- Serve immediately.
Try this with the Smoky Chipotle Guacamole or the Spicy Homemade Guacamole. Also, delicious served with the Slow Cooker Refried Beans.