Zesty Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper
- PREP TIME: 25 Minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, *roasted, peeled and chopped
- 2 (16-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup all-natural tahini
- 2 teaspoons The Original “Louisiana” Hot Sauce™
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8.5-ounce) sun-dried tomato halves with extra virgin olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled prepackaged baguette toasts
- Prepare pepper as directed; set aside.
- Place chickpeas into a large food processor and process until coarsely blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Vegetable Base and water.
- Pour into food processor, cover and process until well combined.
- Add roasted chopped pepper, tahini, hot sauce, lemon juice and salt. Cover and process until well combined. Scrape sides of processor bowl, if necessary.
- Gradually drizzle olive oil into feed tube while processing, until hummus is a smooth consistency.
- Serve hummus on baguette toasts, top with chopped sun-dried tomatoes and feta crumbles.
*To roast red bell pepper: remove stem and cut pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Place pepper, skin side up, on foil-lined baking sheet; gently flatten pepper. Place under broiler until skin blisters and chars (about 4-5 minutes). Remove from broiler and place in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and set aside for about 10 minutes, until skin easily removes. Peel pepper under running water to remove skin and chop.