Turkey Pot Pie
- PREP TIME: 30 MINS
- COOK TIME: 45 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MINS
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, ¼-inch thick
- 2 cups diced turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup hot water mixed with 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup hot water mixed with 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cut into 3-inch squares, baked according to package
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high. Add the celery, onions, carrots, and the red potatoes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the turkey, garlic, and pepper to the pan; stir, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the Roasted Chicken Base broth, thyme and sage, stir and cook until the liquid has evaporated, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables to a plate. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and let melt. Add the flour and the Hot Sauce. Whisk to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and water mixed with 1 tablespoon Roasted Chicken Base. Cook on medium heat until sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish directly into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven. Spoon the filling into individual bowls and top with a baked puff pastry square.
Try this dish with Better Than Bouillon Reduced Sodium or Organic Roasted Chicken Base.