splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Spicy Queso Sausage Tart
- PREP TIME: 40 MINS
- COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- 1 (8-ounce) refrigerated croissant dough
- 1 pound ground sausage or chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Chipotle Hot Sauce™
- 12 ounces prepared white cheese sauce, heated according to package
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced white onions
- ½ cup “Louisiana” Brand Diced Jalapeño Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll the croissant dough into a 9” tart pan. Press the dough firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan. Pierce the dough all over with a fork. Place the pan directly into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool.
- Mix the prepared cheese sauce, both Hot Sauces, and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- Spread the cheese filling evenly over the bottom of the tart. Sprinkle with the cooked sausage, tomato, onion, and Jalapeño Peppers. Place the tart in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the pan and cut into 2”- 3” pieces. Serve immediately.