splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
- PREP TIME: 2 HRS 30 MINS
- COOK TIME: 45-60 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 15-30 MINS
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, backbone removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Organic Chicken Base
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon Louisiana® Gold Red Pepper Sauce with Tabasco Peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lay the chicken flat, breast side up, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Brush the chicken with the vegetable oil.
- Mix the chicken base, ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, paprika, Hot Sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Rub the chicken under the skin and outside of the skin with the barbeque sauce. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it rest while the grill is heating.
- Place the chicken onto the grill skin side down. Grill for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and continue to cook for 35 - 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.