Smokey Chipotle Pizza Sauce
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package Southeastern Mills® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Chipotle Hot Sauce™
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base mixed with 1 cup hot water
- Add the oil to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add the flour to the pan and whisk for 1 minute more. Add the tomato sauce, Taco Seasoning Mix, Hot Sauce, and chicken broth to the pan and whisk together. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 - 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Refrigerate until ready to use with your favorite pizza crust and toppings.
Also delicious when served as a dipper for pizza crust or cheese sticks.