Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- COOK TIME: 2 HRS
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 5 MINS
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana® Gold Green Pepper Sauce with Tabasco Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Seasoned Vegetable Base
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- Add the beans, Pepper Sauce, Vegetable Base, taco seasoning, and water to the bowl of a slow cooker, stir to combine. Cook the beans, covered on high for 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and using a potato masher, mash the beans to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious served with the Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas, Spicy Chicken Taquitos, Spicy Chicken Taco Salad, or the Ranch Style Eggs (Huevos Rancheros).