splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- PREP TIME: 20 MINS
- COOK TIME: 3 ½ HRS
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 50 MINS
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless, chicken thighs cut into 3” pieces
- 4 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 ounces cured ham, diced
- 1 cup each diced onion, green bell pepper and celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 package Crockery Gourmet® Seasoning Mix for Chicken
- 2 tablespoons salt free Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups converted rice
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs to the pan and brown for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and put in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the sausage, onions, bell pepper, and celery to the pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the vegetables to the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the ham, Hot Sauce, Seasoning Mix for Chicken, Cajun seasoning, water, and rice to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover the slow cooker and set the heat to high and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve immediately.