splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- PREP TIME: 25 MINS
- COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 pound refrigerated pie dough, rolled thin
- ¼ cup corn meal
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Red Chili Hot Sauce™
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound (16-20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 500°F with a pizza stone.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with the corn meal and cover with the rolled dough.
- Add the oil to a medium sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and sear for 1 minute on each side. Remove the shrimp from the pan to a plate.
- Add the butter, garlic, Hot Sauce, and lemon juice to the pan. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the parsley and remove the pan from the heat.
- Brush the top of the pizza dough all over with the garlic butter. Top the pizza dough with the shrimp and sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizza directly onto the pizza stone and bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven and slice into wedges before serving.