splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Shrimp Po Boys
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 5 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 package Shore Lunch® Cajun Style Breading/Batter Mix
- ½ cup corn meal
- 2 tablespoons salt free Cajun seasoning
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 pound (16 - 20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 (6-inch) baguettes or French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Mix the Breading/Batter Mix, corn meal, and Cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl. Mix the eggs and Hot Sauce in a separate shallow bowl.
- Add the oil to a medium size stockpot and heat to 375°.
- Add the shrimp to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Dredge each piece of shrimp in the Breading/Batter Mix and place onto a plate. Carefully add the shrimp, in batches, to the oil and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, repeat until all the shrimp is cooked. Drain the shrimp on a paper towel lined plate.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add 5 pieces of the shrimp to the baguette, top with shredded lettuce and tomato slices. Drizzle with the “Louisiana” Tartar Sauce and serve immediately.