splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Roasted Pepper and Italian Sausage Frittata
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 30 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Roasted Pepper Hot Sauce™
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Mix the eggs, heavy cream, Hot Sauce, and black pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium high. Add the sausage to the pan and use a wooden spoon to break the sausage into bite size pieces. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the bell pepper and onion to the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly into the baking dish. Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle with the diced mozzarella.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes or until the center is set. Carefully remove the frittata from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.