splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 25 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 pound (16 - 20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oysters, shucked, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups diced white onions
- 1 ½ cups diced green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 pound sliced okra, if using canned, drain
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base mixed with 3 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons salt free Cajun seasoning
- Add the oil to a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and tomatoes and cooked for 1 minute more. Add the tomato puree, okra, Hot Sauce, Roasted Chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning to the pan and continue to cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add the shrimp and oysters with the reserved liquid to the pot, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve immediately with cooked rice.