splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Poached Shrimp And Tortellini
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
- 1 pound (21/26 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- ½ cup julienned basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Garlic Base
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 24 ounces cheese tortellini, cooked al dente according to the package
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add the butter to a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the shallots and basil leaves, sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes per side. Add the Roasted Garlic Base, garlic, Hot Sauce, and heavy cream to the pan and poach the shrimp for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and tortellini to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.