splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Pimento Cheese with Grilled Okra
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons drained pimentos
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Jalapeño Hot Sauce™
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh okra, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix for 1 - 2 minutes on low speed. Add the pimentos, garlic, and Sauce to the bowl and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour the oil into a skillet over medium high heat. Place the okra, in batches, cut side down into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Carefully remove the okra to a plate and repeat with the remaining okra.
- Fill each piece of okra with the pimento cheese and serve immediately.