splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound shucked oysters, roughly chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Fish Base
- 1 teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- ½ cup minced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Cajun mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large stockpot to 350°F.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and paprika to a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, Fish Base, Hot Sauce, and green onions together in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Fold the oysters into the batter.
- Add the batter to the fryer by the tablespoon, in batches, and fry for 2 minutes per side. Remove the fritters using a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat until all of the batter is fried.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and green onion together in a small bowl.
- Serve immediately with the mustard sauce.