splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Leek Wrapped Salmon
- PREP TIME: 45 MINS
- COOK TIME: 40 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MINS
- 1 (4-5 pounds) side of salmon, skinned and cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Lobster Base
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 large leeks, cleaned, roots removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and cleaned
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® Fish Base
- 2 teaspoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Mix the Lobster Base, pepper, lemon juice, and garlic together in a small bowl. Rub the salmon all over with the mixture, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the leeks to the pot and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain the leeks and rinse in cold water.
- Preheat the Big Green Egg® to 375°F. Set EGG® for indirect cooking with the plate setter and porcelain grid.
- Add the crabmeat, Fish Base, Hot Sauce, parsley, and panko to a medium sized bowl. Toss to coat.
- Lay two large pieces of wax paper onto a work surface. Line the wax paper with the leeks overlapping slightly to the size of the salmon. Place each salmon half directly onto the middle of the leeks. Divide the crabmeat and spread evenly onto each salmon, pressing gently.
- Use the wax paper to help carefully fold the leeks over the salmon, tucking the ends under. Dispose of the wax paper. Place the salmon onto a grill-proof rimmed baking pan.
- Place the pan directly onto the EGG and cook for 35-40 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the EGG and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.