splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Grits with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
- 1 pound (16 – 20 count shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup white grits
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base mixed with 4 cups hot water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Add the chicken broth to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the grits, stir and cook according to the package.
- Add the butter to a large sauté pan and melt over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 - 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic and Hot Sauce and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest, juice and parsley.
- Divide the grits between 4 bowls and ladle the shrimp over the top of the grits, butter sauce too. Serve immediately.