splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Grilled Caesar Salad
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 2 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 17 MINS
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Garlic Base
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Add the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, Roasted Garlic Base, and garlic cloves to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse for 10-15 seconds. Using a rubber spatula scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™, and black pepper to the bowl. Pulse for 5-6 seconds. Through the hole in the lid and with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Add ⅓ cup of the Parmesan cheese and pulse 1-2 times to combine.
- Brush each half of romaine with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Place each romaine half cut-side down directly onto the grill. Grill for 15-20 seconds and turn the romaine and grill for 5-10 seconds more.
- Serve the grilled romaine with the Caesar dressing.