Croissant Pudding With Bacon And Spinach
- PREP TIME: 20 MINS
- COOK TIME: 50 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MINS
- 8 croissants cut in half lengthwise
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Add the eggs, eggs yolks, Hot Sauce, Roasted Chicken Base, heavy cream, milk and black pepper to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add half of the croissant slices to the bottom of the greased pan. Layer the spinach leaves over the sliced croissants and sprinkle with the cooked bacon. Add the remaining sliced croissants to the pan in a single layer. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants.
- Fill a large roasting pan; the 13-inch x 9-inch pan needs to fit comfortably into the pan, halfway with water. Place the roasting pan into the oven.
- Place the 13-inch x 9-inch pan into the roasting pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the egg mixture has set. Carefully remove the pans from the oven. Remove the 13-inch x 9-inch pan from the water bath and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Try this dish with Better Than Bouillon® Reduced Sodium Roasted Chicken Base.