splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffee
- PREP TIME: 20 MINS
- COOK TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 cup diced white onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base mixed with 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 tablespoon salt free Cajun seasoning
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt over medium high heat. Add the flour, whisk and continue to cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes more. Add the chicken broth, Hot Sauce, and Cajun seasoning to the pan and stir until smooth. Add the shrimp and crawfish tails and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and serve immediately with cooked rice.