splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Caramel Bacon Popcorn
- PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- COOK TIME: 1 HR 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MINS
- 8 cups freshly popped popcorn, about ½-cup kernels
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Habanero Hot Sauce™
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the Hot Sauce to the pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully add the baking soda to the pan and continue to whisk for 1 minute. Remove the caramel from the heat.
- Place the popcorn and bacon into a large mixing bowl. Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir to coat. Spread the caramel popcorn onto the baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Bake the caramel popcorn for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container.