splash. dash. rub. eat.repeat!
Brazilian Shrimp And Grits
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 25 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 2 pounds (21/26 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined, shells reserved
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup instant grits
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Fish Base, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add ¼ cup of the olive oil to a large saucepan over high heat. Add the reserved shrimp shells to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the water and 1 tablespoon of Fish Base to the pan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp shells from the water and discard. Bring the liquid back to a boil and slowly stir in the grits. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic, Hot Sauce and remaining Fish Base to the pan and cook for 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and parsley.
- Add ½ cup of grits and 5-6 shrimp per bowl.
- Serve immediately.