- PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 pound alligator tail cut into ½” pieces
- 1 tablespoon The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 package Shore Lunch® Cajun Style Breading/Batter Mix
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ”2 large eggs, beaten and mixed with 1-tablespoon water”
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- “Add the Hot Sauce, olive oil, garlic, Roasted Chicken Base, and onion powder to a small bowl and mix together. Add the alligator tails and toss to coat, set aside.”
- Heat the oil in a medium size saucepot and heat to 375°F.
- Add the Breading/Batter Mix to a shallow bowl. Add the eggs and water to a separate shallow bowl.
- Add the alligator tails to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Dredge each piece in the Breading/Batter Mix and add to the oil. Fry for 1 - 2 minutes or until crisp. Remove the fried alligator to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Try this dish with the Spicy Ranch Pizza Dipping Sauce or “Louisiana” Tartar Sauce.