7-Layer Tex Mex Dip
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet Southeastern Mills® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup whole corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup “Louisiana” Brand Diced Jalapeño Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 13” ovenproof pan.
- Add the ground beef to a large pan over high heat. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat into crumbles. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes, and then carefully drain the grease. Add the Taco Seasoning Mix and Hot Sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 2 - 3 minutes more. Add the cream cheese and stir to combine and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, corn and cumin to a medium sized bowl. Toss to combine.
- Spread the cooked ground beef in the bottom of the ovenproof pan. Spread the black bean mixture over the beef. Sprinkle with the cheese and the Jalapeño Peppers.
- Place the pan directly into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately with nachos, corn chips or blue chips.
Delicious topped with the Spicy Homemade Guacamole, salsa and sour cream.